Friday 29 June 2018

P.S. Chocolate Makeup

Primark's makeup range - P.S. is infamous for trying to copy other makeup brands. One of the latest brands it has tried to copy is Too Faced, by bringing out their own range of Chocolate themed makeup. Too Faced's Chocolate Bar palettes are very well known and have the amazing scent of chocolate as they contain actual cocoa powder. Primark have even gone as far as to add a supposedly chocolate scent to their range of products.

The chocolate range at Primark actually comes in two parts - regular chocolate and white chocolate. The white chocolate range had lip and eye products, with the regular chocolate ones also having face products too. I didn't fancy anything from the white chocolate range so decided to get some products from the regular chocolate one to try out. The good thing about the P.S. range of makeup is, it very inexpensive, so if it does end up to be rubbish, it hasn't cost a lot of money.

I decided to grab an eyeshadow palette and a cheek palette too.



The packaging does have a cool cute look to it and unlike Too Faced it actually comes in hard packaging, although you can't go expecting high quality packaging for a cheap price. Although for the cost the packaging really isn't that bad.

Cheek Palette

This palette has 4 different colors with a mix of what looks like blusher, bronzer and highlighter. I really didn't like the look of the bronzer as I could tell it would make my face look orange. The blushers really weren't that bad, a bit on the dry side and the pigment could have been better.  I did think the highlighter was good and although not on the same level as Too Faced, for the price of this palette it really wasn't a bad highlighter. The colors did take some building up as the pigment wasn't amazing but it was workable.



Contour And Eyeshadow Palette


Although described as a contour and eyeshadow palette, I'm not quite sure if the brand means eye contour or face contour. There are some brown colors in the palette which I'm guessing could be used as a face contour. As I'm not a fan of contouring I didn't bother and just used the eyeshadows. I do like darker colors that stand out, so I really did like the color choice in this palette. They were a bit on the dry side and did take some building up. I found blending wasn't too difficult either and I was able to create a look I liked with this palette. To stop creasing, I used my Urban Decay Shadow Primer before applying these colors.


It's obvious that this is meant to be a copy of Too Faced's Chocolate Bar palettes. Quality wise there is no comparison and I found the chocolate scent in the P.S. palettes did smell really fake, whilst the Too Faced ones have an amazing scent that makes you feel like eating it as there is actual cocoa powder in the palettes. 

Yes, the Too Faced ones are more expensive but I really would advise getting there ones if you can. If you are on a tight budget and really don't want to spend on Too Faced then the P.S. chocolate range isn't that bad.

8 comments:

  1. I've seen these in store but haven't tried it yet. I didn't realise they smelt of chocolate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an interest range on a budget. I am scared I might end up eating the make-up range, thinking it is chocolate. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much in the primark make up range that I'd go for as I know the quality wouldn't be anywhere near as good x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing, they actually contain cocoa powder? That must smell really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to Primark in so long, I hadn't realised that they had these Too Faced copies in. I must admit I don't think I'd buy their products but I think they're ok for if you are on a strict budget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to find that the cheaper ranges that are copies, tend to be a bit of a disappointment. Although good that you tried it to get that comparison. I guess you wouldn't know unless you tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great review, and cool palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say I particularly like the sound of chocolate scented make-up LOL - I'd probably try and eat it haha! Sounds like you weren't too bowled over either x

    ReplyDelete