Saturday 19 November 2016

Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette

Makeup Revolution make some really good products. They are not expensive either and for the price the quality really isn't that bad. It's not on the same level as NARS or Urban Decay, but it's still quite good.

This brand has brought out quite a lot of eyeshadow palettes and many bloggers have commented they do like to try and dupe higher end brands, especially Urban Decay. The Iconic 1 palette features 12 eyeshadows in a mix of matte and shimmer colors. I do wonder if this one is meant to be a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked Palette. This one was £4.00 in Superdrug.



At first glance this does look at lot like the Naked palette. The colors look very similar and they are even laid out in the same order. After using it I found the quality was quite good, but not on the same level as Urban Decay.

In Iconic 1, I found that the shimmers were a lot better than the mattes. I found that the mattes were a bit on the dry side and did go a bit patchy. Fortunately there are more shimmers in this palette and I preferred the look of the shimmers anyway. The matte colors were a bit too natural for me.

I love golds, blacks and greys. So I had a lot of fun creating some looks with this palette. The pigment in them was good and they built up nicely. All of the shimmery colors blended easily too and managed to stay on all day without creasing. 

So back onto the Naked palette. I wouldn't say this one was an exact dupe as the pigments weren't as good as Urban Decay. For £4 you can't go wrong with this palette and for those on a budget I would definitely recommend it.



21 comments:

  1. Nice colours and I like the 2 looks you've created :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute eyes looks. could you do a cold shaded lipsticks swatches post please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. £4 for a set of decent shades, I say is rather good. You would certainly be able to get some decent blends with those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Makeup Revolution, I have quite a few make up products by Makeup Revolution and honestly can't fault any of there products. I love gold eye shadows too! I like how y ou've done your eye make up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I have this palette and I really like it, the Iconic Palette's are meant to be dupes of the UD Naked's, they've done one for each Naked and they aren't bad at all for the price. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for the price, but not an exact dupe x

      Delete
  6. How pretty I do love that range of colours especially the ones with the shimmer as they are perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the colors are great for this time of year x

      Delete
  7. You can't beat makeup revolution such good dupes on some colours for some of the more pricey brands

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Makeup Revolution, half my products are from them. Great look by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to update my make up bag urgently. Nice palette and price! R

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks perfect, some great and versatile shades.

    PS your make-up always looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't tried any of their products. This one is so cheap. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete