Saturday 19 November 2016

Makeup Revolution The Dead Are Alive Palette

This Halloween, Makeup Revolution released two new palettes - Give Them Darkness and The Dead Are Alive. I got them both and thought Give Them Darkness was amazing, especially for people who love dramatic looks. This palette here is called The Dead Are Alive. The name is very appropriate for Halloween and features a graveyard on the artwork on the box. It features 16 colors in mainly shimmers, although there are a few mattes there too. 




If you love your dramatic colors like me, you will love this palette. There are many colors to choose from and I had a lot of fun blending the colors together. The two shimmery white colors make excellent base colors and highlighters.

The matte shades were a bit on the dry side and did have a powdery texture to them. Fortunately the shimmers were a lot better and had a good amount of pigment in them. They built up nicely too and managed to stay on all day without creasing or fading.



32 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous palette - I know many people who'd love this! Good Christmas present idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cool palette and I love what you did with it. Looks beautiful, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice palette and looks on you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use a scotch tape to wing your eyes usually?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly how i do it. I color the eyes in first and then i get tape and blend out x

      Delete
  5. Wow those colors are amazing! I love the shades you chose! This would make a great gift --- for myself of course! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite a nice pallette of colors. I would not have thought they were part of Halloween themes colors but like the name of them. great find

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makeup revolution are fab! One of my friends got me a nice palette and would definitely get it again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful colours! My daughter would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours in this palette, will have to look out for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's limited edition so I'm not sure if you can still buy it x

      Delete
  10. Interesting names for the palettes but they sound like really lovely palettes and loving the looks you've created

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! what an amazing palette, and you look great with the blue makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely loved this palette when I saw it at a press day, the shades are just totally divine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the makeup revolution palettes and this one looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty palette but I don't think I'd suit some of the really dark shadows x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks so pigmented! Makeup Revolution palettes are so good for the price! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not professional like other brands but still great x

      Delete
  16. These look absolutely gorgeous. I really need to try Makeup Revolution next year!!!

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a fan of the packaging on this one but the colours ads great

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a cool Halloween inspired palette! I love the dark shades and the packaging is ace too

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete