Wednesday 30 November 2016

I Heart Makeup Golden Bar

You could say I'm quite a fan of I Heart Makeup's Chocolate Bar palettes. They seem to be bringing out a lot of them lately and when I was shopping in Superdrug last week I noticed a brand new one. It's called the Golden Bar and like the other chocolate bar palettes, this one has very similar packaging, but comes in gold and brown. I've only seen this one in Superdrug and it's not on I Heart Makeup's website, so I'm assuming it's an exclusive to Superdrug.

I just love the packaging of these palettes. They look just like a bar of chocolate, but unfortunately can't be eaten, even though they look good enough to. This palette has 16 shimmery eyeshadows in it, in gold and brown shades. It also has two paler colors in it - a shimmery white and a shimmery nude color.




There is a good amount of pigment in these colors and you can create some fab looks with them. I liked to use the paler colors as bases and then apply other colors on top. Blending was nice and easy too as the texture on the colors was nice and soft. The golds are great for this time of year, especially with the party season quickly approaching.

Once the colors were on they stayed on pretty much all day, as they didn't fade or crease. In this palette I really liked the darker gold shades best, along with the white shimmery color. Although quite a pale color, it made a really nice base and highlighter.



22 comments:

  1. This is another nice one :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow these golden and chocolate colors look like something right on my alley, too bad there's only shimmery selection in here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of the chocolate bar palettes but I am waiting for the new year to get this one. It is gorgeous though isn't it?!? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pigment on the shadow you are wearing looks amazing. I have been meaning to try their stuff for a while but, still haven't gotten round to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - the colours are all just stunning. I haven't heard of this brand but will look out for this. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dark brown & golden shadows! Also..when I first saw the first image, I thought it looked really tasty! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. really loving all these shades and the packaging is just so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really do look good enough to eat! I'm a big fan of the darker shades especially browns and greys so these are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shades in this palette, they all look super wearable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. This is such a gorgeous palette! So many beautiful shades! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like lovely colours, I really like the shimmer.
    Alana x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I love this! These are the kind of colours I go for x

    ReplyDelete