Tuesday 4 August 2015

Illamasqua Fundamental Palette

I love Illamasqua, especially their eyeshadow palettes. The one I had seen for quite a while but hadn't actually bought it was the Fundamental Palette. This came out a couple of years ago for the Human Fundamentalism collection. It's now discontinued, which is a shame as the colors look fab. Debenhams in Cardiff had some of these left, so I got one there.

The palette has 4 colors to choose from in different textures. There are two powder eyeshadows in Hype (bold yellow) and Inception (rich violet). Liquid Metal in Surge (silver) and Cream Pigment in Bedaub (mint). You can buy the colors individually (not sure about the Liquid Metal), but it works out a good choice to have them all in one palette. This was £34.00.




For those afraid of color, I do not recommend this palette. This is deifnately one for the person who loves to be fun with their makeup and loves bright colors. I actually have Bedaub as a product individually. I don't like using it as an eyeshadow base as it does tend to crease. It can be used as a good lip color, if you like unusual colors. Bedaub works really well as a color corrector if you have any redness.

I wore the two eyeshadows together - Hype and Inception. I wore Inception as an all over eyeshadow and then put Hype in the inner corner. Both had plenty of pigment and had a nice workable texture. I've tried Liquid Metals before and cannot wear them as eye colors. They can be used as an eyeshadow, but I find not only do they crease, they irritate my eyelids. Something, whatever is in them has always seemed to make my eyelids go red and super puffy. I avoid using these on the eyelids and instead use them to line my bottom lash line, especially in the inner corner. This gives my eyes a really nice silvery pop. Liquid Metal doesn't seem to irritate my eyes there. I think Illamasqua have now discontinued the Liquid Metals as you can't buy them on their website anymore. They only seem to now sell the palette of them which has 4 colors in it.

I really like this palette as the color choice is fab. The eyeshadows stayed on my eyes without fading or creasing. It's a shame Illamasqua have now discontinued this palette as it was a great one to have.




11 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Illamasqua but I love the colours within your palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the ingredients of this? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eye makeup looks amazing on you, Hannah. Actually I love the complete makeup, the matching lipstick color. Gorgeous.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice palette and the colours look great :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love illamasqua, and that purple is divine! I never would have braved the yellow too but it's a fab look and you execute it well x

    ReplyDelete