Saturday 10 May 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Camouflage Foundation

I love full coverage foundation. Sheer doesn't do it for me, having to spend ages building the colour up and then even more time with a concealer. This is why I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear Camouflage Foundation.

I've used this foundation before and can't say enough how amazing it is. I've heard people rave about the Double Wear range and I can see why.





This foundation comes in tube packaging which I like. It's easy to squeeze out the product and you can control how much you want to come out. It comes in a range of different colors.

It seems that Estee Lauder have discontinued the color I am used to using - Creamy Ivory. This one is called Creamy Vanilla. I assumed it was going to be similar but I was wrong. I should have really have gotten color matched, but didn't as I thought it would be about the same color. Creamy Vanilla is a bit dark for me and I would say about 2-3 shades darker. I have no idea why Estee Lauder have done this. Creamy Ivory was my exact color. I now have no color for myself in this foundation.

The color may be completely wrong now, but the coverage and quality hasn't changed. I only need a small amount to cover my face, and I really mean a small amount. It's surprising how little goes a long way. I'm guessing cause it is such high coverage you hardly need any. When I blended it all in I didn't even need a concealer. That's how amazing this foundation is.

It may be a camouflage foundation, but it doesn't feel at all cakey on my skin. Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation offers a similar amount of coverage but it doesn't last longer than an hour, feels drying and creases. MAC Studio Fix is full coverage but no where near enough as this Estee Lauder one. I find the MAC one feels very cakey, is hard to blend and doesn't have a good finish to it.

The finish on this one is amazing. It evens out my skin tone and makes my face look awesome. It doesn't crease either, which I'm happy about.

I don't need camouflage coverage, I have no acne or severe redness that camouflage covers. I just love my full coverage and wouldn't have it any other way. I also don't need to blend the foundation with my fingers around the nose like I need to with other foundations. I love not having to use concealer either.
It's also long lasting too and stays on all day. I do need to apply powder throughout the day but I don't need to do it a lot cause I don't go super shiny. 
Apart from the color being completely wrong, I still love the coverage and feel of this foundation.


5 comments:

  1. I'm totally in the dark about make-up brands so I found this most enlightening, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my go to foundation on bad skin days, covers up every single flaw effortlessly. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing stuff. Its the best high cover foundation I have worn. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great. Thanks for the tip about what foundations to go for when using flash photography- wondered why I often had that ghost look on nights out! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the day SPF in foundations can be fine so long as you don't use the flash. I read somewhere the SPF has to be under 9 to stop flashback, don't know if thats true tho x

    ReplyDelete