Friday 31 August 2018

MAC Rockin Rebel Palette

Last year MAC released a collection of palettes called The Girls. Earlier this month I was in Gatwick Duty Free and noticed at the MAC counter they had a few of these palettes.


I really liked the look of Rockin Rebel which features 9 colors in mainly blue and green tones. The palettes look great and have a really fun design on them. The only thing I think MAC could have done better was to lose the plastic insert they have over the colors with the color names on. This is the sort of thing you find in really cheap palettes, not something you would expect from MAC. I don't get why they couldn't have just printed the color names into the palette.



Rant over. The colors look amazing and it is really easy to create a look that stands out with this palette. I used the highlight shade - Let It Rock as a base color and then applied all other colors on top. I put Gilty As Can Be up into the crease and applied Rockin Rebel into the inner corner. I then blended Denim Genies into Rockin Rebel and all over the eye, before blending out. Blk-Ish made a really good liner.


I found the pigment was very good and the colors blended nicely too. By wearing my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer I made sure it didn't crease and stayed on all day.

8 comments:

  1. Great colours in that palette! Looks so vibrant and fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh these colours are great. I’m loving this palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. firstly, I love the look your created! I always found MAC eyeshadows so hit and miss so it's great the pigment was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue / green mix. The quality of the pigment looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such good things about mac as a brand. Love the turquoise colour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shades are so rock&roll indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the plastic with the shade names wouldn’t be something you’d expect from Mac but the colours look fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are so beautiful on this, I love a good MAC eyeshadow palette! xo

    ReplyDelete