Sunday 3 August 2014

Sleek Rio Rio Palette

I love Sleek makeup and was really excited when I saw their new limited edition Rio Rio palette in Superdrug. You can guess by the name that this palette is Brazil themed and features 12 bright colored eyeshadows. On the Sleek website it says that the palette is themed to the Rio Carnival. The packaging that came with this palette looks amazing and has loads of different colors on it. I don't normally keep the outer packaging, but I like this one so much I will be keeping it.


This exclusive i-Divine Palette is inspired by the explosion of vibrant exotic colours seen at the Rio Carnival, with bursts of golden yellow, intense fuchsia and metallic green hues.
Each shade is highly pigmented, reflecting the exciting carnival celebrations and everything that is Brazilian! Create shimmering eyes with super-charged shades that pop.
This palette of vibrant colours suits all skin tones and the exclusive packaging captures the flamboyant, exotic carnival costumes.


Packaging




Rio Rio


Swatches. Top - Tropics, Night Fever, Ipanema, Capirinha, Urca, Leblon
Bottom - Cachaca, City Of God, Copacabana, Sao Conrado, Bossa Nova, Leme


When I saw this palette I was like I have to get this. I love anything bright and this was no exception. The colors in the Rio Rio palette all have Brazil themed names like Cachaca, Ipanema and Copacabana. 

With so many colors to choose from you can create many different looks. I loved to blend the colors together although you can wear them as block colors. All of the colors blend easily and are really pigmented. I didn't have to do much work to build the colors up and they had this really nice soft texture to them. 

Heres some of the looks I created with this palette.

Night Fever, Bossa Nova and Leme

Tropics and Night Fever

City Of God, Ipanema and Leblon

Bossa Nova, Urca, Sao Conrado and Copacabana


I had a lot of fun with this palette, my favorite colors to work with were Bossa Nova, City Of God and Night Fever. The colors didn't crease and stayed on all day. This palette was £7.99 and is still available at Superdrug and on the Sleek website. It is limited edition so if you want it, it is a good idea to get it while they still have stock.

x

2 comments:

  1. These are really bright and bold I love them :-) Wow not a bad price either.

    Night Fever, Bossa Nova and Leme look amazing together on you - I'm a sucker for purples and reds :-) And City Of God, Ipanema and Leblon also look fabby :-D

    Liking the styles here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Night Fever, Bossa Nova and Leme were my favorite combo of colors. I'm also trying out one of Sleek's other palettes, so keep checking for a review of that x

    ReplyDelete