Saturday 30 August 2014

Lush Cardiff Summer 2014 Blogger Event

I was invited to the Lush Summer 2014 Blogger event at Lush Cardiff. This was my first blogger event I got invited to and I was really excited.

I met a couple of other bloggers at Starbucks before the event. It was great to meet ClaireCharlotteLeanneBrileyAlice and Jo. Apologies if I left anyone out.

We all then walked over to Lush for the event. I've never been to one of these events before so I was really looking forward to the evening.








After everyone had arrived we were split into two groups. At this event we would be shown the new sun care range, the self preserving products and the perfume. We were shown the sun care first while the other group were taken upstairs to look at the other stuff.

First was the new sun care range. I can't remember the name of the lady who told us about the products but she was lovely, really friendly and was happy to answer any questions we had about the products. First we were shown all the moisturisers that had SPF in them and for the exciting part the new product called - The Sunblock.

The Sunblock is quite interesting. Its basically solid sunblock. I've never seen a product quite like it. To apply, you wash the product on in the bath or shower, rinse, then dry with a towel. It seems really interesting and I am yet to try it out.

We were also showed powdered sunscreen called Powdered Sunshine, this is really good for protecting your scalp against the sun. My favourite sunscreen product shown was Sesame Suntan Lotion. This is a sunscreen lotion that apparently helps you tan. I really liked the smell of this one, the scent of the sesame was really nice.




Then we were taken upstairs to look at the Self Preserving range of products. A number of Lush products come with synthetic preservatives in them, to give products a longer shelf life. The synthetics are safe, although a number of customers like to avoid them. The self preserving products we were shown take these synthetic preservatives out. The products were were shown were Mask Of Magnaminty, Ocean Salt, Dream Cream and Charity Pot. I'm pretty sure I heard that Ocean Salt now contains tofu making it suitable for vegans. Mask Of Magnaminty and Ocean Salt were also demonstrated on hands so we could see how to use them.






Then it was over to the perfume to have a look. We were all told about Lush perfume and all the different sized bottles it comes in along with all the different scents. I enjoyed spraying all the perfumes to find scents I liked. We were then left to ourselves to browse for any items we wanted.




Refreshments were provided by Waterloo Tea who have a tea shop in Waterloo Gardens in Cardiff and one in Penarth. They also have a place over in the Wyndham Arcade. The guy from Waterloo Tea was great, he explained about all the different tea and cakes. At every different area in the evening was a different type of tea and cake, so something different each time. Downstairs we had a cold blend tea with this chocolate cake while upstairs we had mint tea with lemon and poppy seed cake. There was another type of tea too but I can't remember what it was exactly. Waterloo Tea also gave us some orange cake to go with it.

My favorite cake had to be the Lemon and Poppy. I've never had poppy seeds in a cake before and it tasted great. Was something different.








The staff at Lush were great and were happy to help with any products. They weren't pushy or hard sell which is great because some brands get their staff to sell like that and it really puts you off. 





Lush also gave us a goodie bag with products in. I thought they were only going to be samples but it turned out they gave us two proper sized products of our choice. From the sun care range I went for the Sesame Suntan Lotion and Ocean Salt from the self preserving range. Waterloo Tea also gave tea in the goodie bag. I got their Meghalaya Autumn Flush which is a tea with chocolate and caramel in it. I can enjoy their lovely tea at home now which is great.

I got the 9 To 5 Cleaner, Love Lettuce Face Mask, Aqua Marina Cleanser and Granny Takes A Dip Bath Ballistic.





I enjoyed the blogger event at Lush. It was great to learn about the new products and try them out. Was also great to meet new people at event. Thanks Lush.

x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow looks like you all had a great time! And the gifts look good too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gifts were great and full sized too x

    ReplyDelete