Tuesday 24 October 2017

Makeup Revolution Dark Reign Palette

The Dark Reign Eyeshadow Palette is a limited edition eyeshadow palette that Makeup Revolution have brought out for Halloween. It features 8 matte and 8 shimmery shades in colors that really stand out from browns to purples. The matte shades are identical to the shimmers, the only difference being the finish on the colors.



After using both the mattes and the shimmers, I definitely think that the shimmers are better. The mattes were a bit on the dry side. As for pigment, I did think both matte and shimmer could have had some more pigment in them as I had to build the colors up to get them intense.

While the pigment wasn't the strongest, I did find that once on, the colors stayed on without creasing.

For someone like me who loves colors that stand out, this palette was great. If you are more of a natural person you won't like this palette at all.



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous palette. Love the colours :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely palette. I don't tend to wear colours like this, I am more into softer colours and golds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours in the palatte, Your makeover looks stunning and so very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so bold and beautiful. The palette has so wonderful options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really into shimmery eyeshadows at the moment, so this would be great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the shades on this palette. Looking great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife has seen so many things about Makeup Revolution! Those shades look great

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this fun colors. Darker for the colder weather. Looks great on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the greeny purple colours. I am already very pale so blues are very draining. I do love a bit of colour though and as usual, they look great on you.

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete