Tuesday 20 March 2018

New Pink Lipsticks I Have Tried

Pink or pink purple is my must have lipstick color. The other week when I was shopping I decided to get some new products to add to my collection. I stopped at NARS, NYX and Urban Decay and found some colors that I just loved. Here is what I bought.



My first stop was Urban Decay and I noticed that they still had a lipstick from last year's Jean Michel Basquiat collection. I loved this collection when I saw it as the packaging was super creative and the colors on offer were just amazing. From that collection I bought the two eyeshadow palettes, but didn't get any lipsticks. 





The color I got is called Exhibition is is this awesome medium pink purple color and has a comfort matte finish. I love how they packaging is themed to the collection too. The pigment is just insane and glides on easily. It may be a matte but doesn't actually feel like a matte. I do like the Urban Decay Comfort Matte finish.


NYX Super Cliquey Lipstick




 At NYX I decided to get one of their Super Cliquey Lipsticks. I've seen these every time I have gone past the NYX counter and have always wanted to try them. They have a matte finish to them and come in a range of colors. They actually look like a marker pen and instead of twisting them like regular lipsticks, you press the bottom and the color comes up. The color I got is called Chain Reaction and is a bright berry color.

They have a good amount of pigment in them but can be drying and a bit uncomfortable to wear. The dryness can be avoided if you put a lip balm on first, but even then they can still feel a bit dry. They do manage to stay on for most of the day.


NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil





At John Lewis, I stopped by the NARS counter and got one of their Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in the color Pussy Control which is a lilac shade. I tried these lip pencils some time ago and thought they were very good. They are more like a lip crayon and are very pigmented. Even though they are a matte they glide on very smoothly to your lips and stay on for most of the day too.


I've really liked wearing these colors as they look great on. If you love these sorts of shades, then you should get them too.



10 comments:

  1. You look fantastic in those bright and vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nars one, it looks almost purple in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours look great on you - I can't wear pink very well. Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those colours are super bright! You look fantastic in them too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit scared of pink lipstick. They look great on you though, bit jealous.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pinks and reds big time and she’s shades of pink look absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the Nars lip pencil. I recently bought a very similar lip crayon actually, the colour looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve alwsys fond it hard to find a pink shade to suit me, but the cliquey one looks bright and suits you, shame about the drinks is causes though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this colour is so gorgeous! You really suit it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a pink lipstick! I think that the Urban Decay one is my favourite on you. Thank you for sharing! Angharad x

    welshandwonderful.com

    ReplyDelete